Opened 11 years ago
Closed 9 years ago
#8048 closed Patch (fixed)
Support SOCKS 4
|Reported by:||Raphael_FR||Owned by:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
In the version 2.x of FileZilla, we have the functionnality of "SOCKS 4" in the Proxy.
Some Proxy like Microsoft TMG use only SOCKS 4 and not SOCKS 5, so we can't use FileZilla with this software and it is a missing.
Could you re-add this functionnality ?
Change History (5)
comment:1 by , 11 years ago
|Type:||Feature request → Patch|
comment:2 by , 10 years ago
|Status:||new → moreinfo|
Thanks, however there are a couple of issues with your patch which need to be fixed before your patch can be applied:
1) wxIPV4address::Hostname is blocking, it can potentially block for minutes. Use asynchronous host lookup instead.
2) In CProxySocket::OnReceive(), you need to take care of partial reads. You expect to receive 8 bytes total, but it can happen that they arrive one byte at a time.
3) Likewise, server might close connection, you're not handling that case either.
4) Due to 2) and 3), you're reading from uninitialized memory.
5) Even in case of error reply from the proxy, you're changing connection state to connected.
6) Please test SFTP over SOCKS 4
7) Double keyboard mnemonic in settings dialog, can't use S as mnemonic for both SOCKS4 and SOCKS5.
by , 10 years ago
comment:3 by , 10 years ago
|Status:||moreinfo → new|
comment:4 by , 9 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Added implementation for this feature