XML write error when closing multiple instances
|Reported by:||bmaiken||Owned by:||Tim Kosse|
|Keywords:||Cc:||bmaiken, Tim Kosse|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
OS: Windows XP SP2
FileZilla version: 3.0.1
Description of problem:
If you close multiple copies of Filezilla quickly or simultaneously, you get an error.
Steps to repeat:
- Open two instances of Filezilla. You do not need to connect to any sites. Opening the application is enough.
- Close them quickly. The easiest way to do that is to Ctrl-click each button on the task bar for each instance of FileZilla, then right-click and Close Group.
- You should get two errors:
- "Failed to create backup copy of xml file"
- "Failed to copy the file '%appdata%\FileZilla\filezilla.xml' to '%appdata%\FileZilla\filezilla.xml~' (error 32: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)"
[Note that %appdata% above means the path to the user's Application Data folder.]
It looks like an error with filename collision for temporary files.