Opened 8 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

#9589 closed Bug report

Windows explorer crash after installation — at Initial Version

Reported by: Marco A. Cruz Quevedo Owned by:
Priority: normal Component: FileZilla Client
Keywords: crash, right-click, explorer shell-extension Cc: derspeckle
Component version: Operating system type: Windows
Operating system version: Win 7 32-bit

Description

After several years of satisfaction of an excellent product, I found the following issue in the last version: It makes Windows explorer crash when clicking right button (Win 7 32 bit) , with the following result (from event log):
---
Nombre de la aplicación con errores: Explorer.EXE, versión: 6.1.7601.17567, marca de tiempo: 0x4d6727a7
Nombre del módulo con errores: ntdll.dll, versión: 6.1.7601.18247, marca de tiempo: 0x521ea91c
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0001f9e2
Id. del proceso con errores: 0xbdc Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01cf8cac208c6a5f
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Id. del informe: 79185d62-f89f-11e3-a81c-eca86b715b7e
---
It makes crash with right click is used on any file. And I found that only when uninstalling AND deleting the following files BY HAND, the issue disappears:
---
fzshellext.dll
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
libwinpthread-1.dll
---
In fact, I selected "Uninstall " and after process finished, it asked to reboot.
Upon restart, the directory where the program was installed is full with all the files, and the issue persisted. I manually deleted all the files, but the previously mentioned were not deleted, indicating that they were used by Windows. I had to reboot to the option "Safe mode with command prompt" in order to be able to delete the files and directory.
Then, after a check with CCleaner, one key remained in registry: ---
ActiveX/COM Issue InProcServer32\
C:\Program Files\FileZilla FTP Client\fzshellext.dll
HKCR\CLSID\{DB70412E-EEC9-479C-BBA9-BE36BFDDA41B}
---
And it was deleted manually too. All the above procedure was made TWICE, because after the first time, I reinstalled the new version, hoping that it has been only a defective installation but it has not. I hope that it is corrected for the next version because it is a very useful tool.
Thank you in advance.

Change History (0)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.