All my passwords were deleted for no reason
|Reported by:||Patrik Nilsson||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||passwords, site manager||Cc:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||6.1|
Description (last modified by )
FileZilla turned off the storing of passwords (including ticking the box in settings) which led to me losing all my passwords.
This is what I did:
- Use the Site manager as usual.
- Connected to site A. Downloaded some files.
- Connected to site B, choosed to not use a new tab for the new connection.
- Downed and upped some files.
- Opened Site manager and renamed one item (site C) in the list on the left.
- Tried to connect to site D, was asked to enter password - soon realized all my passwords were gone.
When googling I found this forum thread (https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29878&start=15&sid=35e6379be2d519696199a78e6d9dbf14). The same thing happened to me as to the people in the thread. But I did not today and haven't for weeks used the quick connect toolbar.
I realize this is not enough information for anything. And my simple attempt to recreate the problem resulted in nothing. I'm putting this here in hope someone else who is affected by this problem has more information.
My installation of FileZilla is from regular FileZilla update, I don't think there was one very recently.
Heres my system information:
Compiled for: i586-pc-mingw32msvc
Compiled on: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Build date: 2014-03-28
Compiled with: i586-mingw32msvc-gcc (GCC) 4.2.1-sjlj (mingw32-2)
Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -g -fexceptions
Name: Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1)
Platform: 64 bit system