Leading blank (again)
|Reported by:||abdolo||Owned by:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||Seven/Vista x86/x64|
This is not the problem tracked and solved (I searched). This is a new one.
When on the remote side there is a file that has a leading blank in the name AND the first letter is a capital one, transfer fails.
Using ftpd on FreeBSD 7.2 p4 x86 on remote server.
Steps to reproduce:
- go in console on the ftp server and enter the ftp root
- cp any file from the system: cp /var/log/messages .
- from the client all works ok and can transfer messages file
- mv messages \ messages
- from the client it is ok again, with leading space
- mv \ messages \ Messages
- the client fails to transfer the file
Tried with any kind of file/permission combo, blank+capital seems to be the culprit.