Client program overrides most Windows based programs and will not uninstall
|Reported by:||Dawn Burton||Owned by:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||XP 5.1 SP3|
I had an old version of Filezilla (2.1.12?) and used the menu Help/Check For Updates to upgrade :-
1) This downloaded FileZilla_3.2.7-rc3_win32-setup.exe from sourceforge.
2) I uninstalled the old version using the uninstall option in the program folder.
3) I ran the new .exe file to install.
4) Running this new version said that there was a later version to install, so downloaded this. This was a file called FileZilla_3.2.7_win32-setup.exe.
5) Trying to install this however, fails. Running any Filezilla exe file now just starts Filezilla itself. This includes the uninstall program (from the program folder or directly from the file).
6) I now cannot run several programs, as Filezilla client starts in the place of them. An initial list (but not exhaustive) is below :-
Run/cmd (DOS command line window)
Control panel/Add/remove programs
Windows Media Player
7) Some programs start alongside Filezilla, eg Firefox.
8) The only program (so far) that runs alone is Microsoft Outlook.
I have a logfile at debug level 3, but it is empty as no processes have been carried out within Filezilla itself.
I notice that a download from filezilla-project.org now downloads from cloudfront.net.
Please, is there a patch for this?