Opened 17 years ago
Last modified 16 years ago
#3085 closed Bug report
Crash connecting to FileZilla Server in VMware
|Reported by:||wadebrainerd||Owned by:||Alexander Schuch|
|Keywords:||Cc:||wadebrainerd, Alexander Schuch, Tim Kosse|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
I wanted to use FileZilla Client & Server to transfer files between my VMware Workstation host and virtual machine, since VMware's own file sharing is horribly slow!
I first tried the FileZilla 3 beta, and it crashed connecting to the server.
Here are the steps I took:
1) Install VMware on host machine.
- Download VMware workstation 30 day trial.
- Create a new Windows XP VM (I used 1GB RAM of my 2GB).
- Use NAT (not bridging) for the network, inside the Virtual Machine Network properties in VMware.
- Install Windows XP.
- Install FileZilla 3.0 beta client in virtual machine.
2) Install FileZilla Server on host machine.
- Add one user, with a password.
4) Connect to the server from inside the VM.
- Run ipconfig /all to get the host's IP address.
- Open FileZilla 3.0 beta.
- Create a new server in the connections list, specify the username and password.
- Click Connect in the connections list dialog, FileZilla crashed.
Hope this helps!
Change History (3)
comment:1 by , 17 years ago
comment:2 by , 17 years ago
Please try 2006-12-06 nightly from http://filezilla-project.org/nightly.php
comment:3 by , 16 years ago
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was
previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter
did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by
the administrator of this Tracker).
Can you please run FileZilla 3 beta in a debugger and post the backtrace of the crash? The mere fact that it crashes doesn't hel at all in identifying what might be the reason of it.