Opened 5 years ago
Closed 5 years ago
#11695 closed Bug report (fixed)
Files NOT updating to website after verified
|Reported by:||Nikki Geannelis||Owned by:||Kathy Deines|
|Keywords:||files not uploading||Cc:||Kathy Deines|
|Component version:||3.35.2||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||10|
I have not used FileZilla for a few months.
I need to update some of my website files, and when I opened FileZilla to transfer them, there was a new update option. I updated to the newest version, 3.35.1.
I always move 1 file first to test and make sure everything is okay. I moved 1 file over to update. Filezilla said that it updated successfully and the last modified date is today. Then I went to the website to be sure the changes were reflected, and there were NOT!
I checked the source code on the website and it shows that it is still the old file. I am not sure if this is a server or client problem.
All I know is that the new file, with today's date shows up in the public_html area in FileZilla on my computer. And the udpates do not appear on my website and the source code on the website reflects the old file.
Also, when I opened FileZilla, I had to connect to my site. It did not connect automatically. I thought that it used to connect automatically when opening FileZilla. I may be remembering incorrectly here.
Change History (5)
comment:1 by , 5 years ago
|Status:||new → assigned|
|Summary:||Files NOT updating to website → Files NOT updating to website after verified|
comment:2 by , 5 years ago
|Priority:||normal → high|
Re-installed update 3.35.2. No change
comment:3 by , 5 years ago
|Component version:||3.35.1 → 3.35.2|
comment:4 by , 5 years ago
I did not make major changes on site: deleted and added a couple of photos and changed text.
comment:5 by , 5 years ago
|Status:||assigned → closed|
I found I was updating to root directory (/)instead of 'public_html' "blush"
I have this same problem after update. Verified with both dreamweaver (all pages check out) and new host. Both verify ok on their end but my website is still not updating. The changes verify they went but does not actually show. There has been another small update since but still nothing.. Thank you!