FileZilla 3.22.2 OS X will not launch - "There is a problem launching FileZilla" - thread crashes
|Reported by:||nofizi||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||launch, OS X||Cc:|
|Component version:||3.22.2||Operating system type:||OS X|
|Operating system version:||OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)|
Today I updated FileZilla to the latest offered version 3.22.2. After that it will not launch.
- See system and crash log in attached file
- Working user account is non admin
- After launching the previously installed FileZilla-Version it automatically offered an update to the named version. I chose to update.
- After this update procedure FileZilla would not launch.
- Checking all Gatekeeper and SIP-settings - even if disabling - the app would not launch.
- Redownloading the bundle-installer, installing. But here also app will not launch.
- Redownloading non installer, but the file FileZilla_3.22.2_macosx-x86.app.tar.bz2. Moving the unpacked app to "Programs". Still app will not launch.
- Repaired permissions through terminal. Restarted system. FileZille will not launch.
- Started app from download-location. This time app launches with OS-warning. On choosing open anyway FileZilla will not appear with main window.
- Logged out and logged in with admin account.
- On launching FileZilla the OS prompted a warning that there was a problem launching FileZilla. The crash-log is attached to this report.
I never had such a behaviour with any FileZilla-iteration before. I always downloaded the new compressed app-file, unpacked, moved to programs and launched it without error.
Thank you for listening.