Unable to open edited file
|Reported by:||Kim Abbott||Owned by:|
|Component version:||FZ 220.127.116.11||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||Windows 7|
Here is the sequence to reproduce:
- r-click on file owned by another user, select Edit (I use Notepad++).
- File opens in editor
- Make changes, save and close file
- Window pops up on FZ saying File has changed / Upload this file back to the server? Checked box saying Finish editing and delete local file / click Yes
- Pop-ups asking to Overwrite on server, etc. Check Overwrite and click OK
- Same pop-up appears again, make same selections
- r-click on same file and select Edit to make additional changes, message box pops up saying
Title: Cannot view/edit selected file
Message: A file with that name is already being transferred.
Data in status pane shows error:
Command: put "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\fz3temp-1\filename" "hosts_ta"
Error: /path/to/file/on/server/filename: open for write: permission denied
Error: File transfer failed
- If upon pop-up saying File has changed / Upload this file back to the server? And leave check box UNCHECKED, then get secondary pop up window
Title: Selected file already being edited
Message: The selected file is already being edited
Action to perform (Reopen local file or Discard localo file then download and edit file anew). Select Discard, click OK = opens file for editing.
So either the upload checkbox is unclear as to the functionality to be performed - message/checkbox implies this will succinctly update file on server and remove temp file from FZ temp directory. But can't open again to edit more.