Opened 8 years ago
Closed 8 years ago
#10270 closed Bug report (worksforme)
Site Manager import treats base64 encoded password as plain text password
|Reported by:||Dmitry Kornienko||Owned by:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||Windows 7 SP1|
When importing a Site Manager entry, the Base64-encoded password entry is treated as a plain-text password.
Steps to reproduce (22.214.171.124 and 3.10.2-rc2):
1) File -> Export -> Export Site Manager entries
2) XML file contains a Base64-encoded password string, which correctly decodes to the plain-text password
3) Import the Site Manager entry
4) Password to the FTP site is not accepted anymore by the remote server
5) Repeat Site Manager Export
6) XML file contains a different, longer Base64-encoded password string, which decodes to a Base64-encoded password string from step 2, not the correct plain-text password
Change History (3)
comment:1 by , 8 years ago
|Priority:||critical → high|
|Status:||new → closed|
comment:2 by , 8 years ago
|Status:||closed → reopened|
comment:3 by , 8 years ago
|Status:||reopened → closed|
Import works fine for me in 3.10.2-rc2.
Are you trying to export a file in the new version only to import it in the old version?
If so, that's not a supported use case. Only forward compatibility is maintained.