Opened 8 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#7405 closed Feature request (rejected)

Manual editing of transfer queue since move to SQLite vs XML.

Reported by: Paul Robinson Owned by:
Priority: low Component: FileZilla Client
Keywords: Cc: xaminmo@…
Component version: Operating system type: Windows
Operating system version:

Description (last modified by Tim Kosse)

I was downloading a bunch of files - circa 35,000 totaling about 45 GB - from the Census Bureau to another computer on my network. Then it occurred to me - from the warning messages I was seeing - after about 18,000 files and 25 GB were downloaded that the computer I was targeting to transfer to does not have enough space. My current computer has 1.7 terabytes of space available so I was going to change the downloads to a directory here.

However, there is no way I can get Filezilla to unlock the queue settings to allow me to tell it to change the target destination. It's locked and unchangeable by any method I can figure out. Stopping downloads, then changing the target directory does not change queued files, they are still locked into the original network directory. I found where the supposed queue file is ( C:\documents and settings\paul\application data\filezilla\queue.xml ) but apparently that's now a dummy file, it contains nothing but a single XML entry of no significance.

Apparently instead of staying with a fixable text file for the queue, or allowing the queue target to change by changing the download directory, the information is now stored, locked, in an SQL file in the above directory and cannot be changed once set.

I can't simply shut down filezilla, use a text editor to change an XML file, or do anything to fix the problem except flush the queue and lose all the file names. As it still has about 27,000 files left, this is unacceptable.

How can I change the destination of queued files to download?

Paul Robinson <paul@…>
"The Lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons history teaches us."

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Josh Davis

Cc: xaminmo@… added
Priority: blockerlow
Summary: Can't change transfer queueManual editing of transfer queue since move to SQLite vs XML.
Type: Bug reportFeature request

Workaround is to uncheck "process queue" then go to File -> Export Queue. Edit the XML file manually, then clear your queue, and import the edited file.

Secondary workaround is to use sqlitebrowser to walk through and edit the sqlite database manually.

Tertiary workaround is to revert to 3.3 which still used XML for the queue.

Since this is a request to bring back a previous design, this is a "feature request", not a bug.

This is an inconvenience, but it's simply missing a feature to allow users to more easily recover from a user error. As such, there is no justification for this being a "blocker".

Since there are multiple workarounds, this should be "low" priority.

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by Tim Kosse

Description: modified (diff)
Resolution: rejected
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.