Opened 13 years ago
Last modified 7 years ago
#5356 new Feature request
Limit concurrent downloads/uploads in Site Manager
|Reported by:||M8R-bkgnb9||Owned by:|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
The number of concurrent downloads/uploads can be limited globally in Settings/Transfers; in Site Manager there is only the option to limit the number of simultaneous connections.
Site Manager should include options to limit the number of concurrent downloads/uploads.
Change History (2)
comment:1 by , 7 years ago
comment:2 by , 7 years ago
this feature is definitively a must have for me, I think I was using it in flashFXP 15 years ago ;x !
let me explain my point of view ...
limit the number of connection/downloads/uploads is usually to respect rules of a ftp server and those limit should not be exceeded in order to avoid generating 'user XXX tried to connect more the N times ...' and irritate the ftp administrator
I made a small test : in filezilla if you configure 3 max connections, fill your queue,then
- launch the queue processing -> 2 downloads + 1 connection for file browsing
- disconnect from the ftp and launch queue processing -> 3 concurrent downloads
- disconnect from the ftp and launch queue processing then reconnect to the ftp server -> 3 concurrent downloads + 1 connection for browsing -> it violates the settings in the site manager
another example I can connect to a corporate ftp server as many times as I want and through 2 ways VPN (low latency low bandwidth) and NOVPN (more latency but bandwidth can sometime be better)
- to compensate the latency I allows up to 10 concurrent connections on the NOVPN and just 2 on the VPN
- but in fact it should be 2 downloads because above 2 downloads in the VPN there is no more total speed increase
I hope this information was usefull !
Hi M8R-bkgnb9 and all,
I don't think the concurrent downloads/uploads is important for a end user of filezilla client. From the faith of keep thing simple, I really think it's necessary to remove the "concurrent downloads/uploads " from the Settings/Transfers menu.
Further more, I think end user always need download more than 10 files simultaneously, maybe the 10 can enlarge to 30 ,it will be better indeed.
If nobody oppose, I may consider to modify as above,but I'm not sure others' opinions.