Opened 15 years ago
Last modified 14 years ago
#4004 new Feature request
Upload files as <filename>.tmp, rename after successful upload
|Reported by:||ketil||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||kf@…, post@…, yoseph.phillips@…|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
I would like Filezilla to have an option to upload files to a temporary name on the server, and rename the files when done. For example:
- Upload file 1234.dat to server, calling the file 1234.dat.tmp on the server
- When the file transfer is complete, and if the transfer was binary, check that the size of the file 1234.dat.tmp on the server is correct
- If the the size is correct, rename the file on the server from 1234.dat.tmp to 1234.dat
Then you know the file on the server is done. This way, it would be much easier to know:
- if any files are not completely successfully uploaded (error detection),
- which files are not complete, or are currently uploading (error correction), and
- which files are complete, so they can be processed further as required
There's a bunch of cases where functionality like this would be really useful, so this would at least be a great option. I think perhaps it could be a good default behaviour as well.
Change History (4)
comment:1 by , 15 years ago
comment:2 by , 14 years ago
comment:3 by , 14 years ago
comment:4 by , 14 years ago
when uploading a large file, downloads of that same file are corrupt, because only a part is available on the server.
does this feature prevents these corrupt downloads?
When uploading a big file, the existing file gets invalid and downloads fail.
I like this feature in order to avoid invalid files on the server.
This feature has my vote (after the master password)!