New files not downloaded if directory listing is cached
|Reported by:||alanh2||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||alanh2, Tim Kosse|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
When transferring a directory from the remote site to the local filesystem --
- Browse to the file in question, and sync it with your computer (upload or download, I don't care)
- Go up a level
- Update the file *in a different FTP client, on another PC, or with a web script, etc.*
- Transfer the folder with the file in question to your computer using the same FileZilla program, still open, that you used in step 1.
- Select "Overwrite if newer"
- Make it "apply to all ... downloads"
- Some files will be skipped instead of downloaded!
(The download may have to include a subfolder with the new file(s); I don't know.)
All folders and subdirectories being transferred should be re-LISTED instead of going on a cache. The cached lookup was probably 18 hours old in my case.