Implement automatic file integrity verification (XCRC )
|Reported by:||c0d3h4x0r||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||Cc:||c0d3h4x0r, Tim Kosse, igitur@…|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
Please see SmartFTP for an example of an FTP client that implements the XCRC (transfer with CRC) command.
FileZilla Client should implement XCRC or an equivalently reliable, automatic, and easy-to-use method to guarantee that a file was indeed transferred correctly between the FTP server and the client.
Requirements for this feature request to be considered resolved:
- The feature should be on by default and used automatically whenever connected to a server supporting it.
- The client should visually warn the user when they are connected to a server that does not support the integrity checking so they can be aware and make other arrangements for verifying the integrity of their transfers with the server.
- The user shouldn't have to understand anything about hashing algorithms or tools, or configure anything extra, or install any extra plug-ins, for this feature to work. It should be a built-in, automatic, silent part of the existing FileZilla user experience.
- The protocol/command/method used must adhere to a published open standard. If no such adequate standard already exists, one should be created and published by the FileZilla developers.
- The integrity checking should work on any kind of file, any size of file, and play well with existing feature such as resume of interrupted transfers.