Opened 6 months ago

Closed 6 months ago

#12419 closed Bug report (worksforme)

Chinese characters added to code

Reported by: Andrew Bell Owned by:
Priority: normal Component: FileZilla Client
Keywords: Chinese characters added Cc:
Component version: Operating system type: Windows
Operating system version: Windows 10

Description

I have used Filezilla for many years and never really had a problem until recently. I had noticed that one of my webpages had Chinese Charters added to the html code. This appeared to happen as I was downloading the from using Filezilla vs using Hostmonster.

www.ivytechengineering.com/CollaborativeEngineeringProjects

Attachments (1)

secutity problem.zip (1.5 KB ) - added by Andrew Bell 6 months ago.
Filezilla vs Hostmonster download of same file

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (2)

by Andrew Bell, 6 months ago

Attachment: secutity problem.zip added

Filezilla vs Hostmonster download of same file

comment:1 by Tim Kosse, 6 months ago

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

You are transferring HTML files as ASCII files. However the source file isn't encoded as ASCII file. Make sure to fix the source encoding to be ASCII or its UTF-8 superset.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.