"GET" starts even when transfer will fail for sure
|Reported by:||MacLAK||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||GET fail, missing destination||Cc:|
|Component version:||3.14.0 (x64)||Operating system type:||Windows|
|Operating system version:||Windows 10 build 10240 (x64)|
When destination drive is invalid (missing network drive, maybe also when disk is full), a GET operation still start, and even hammer the FTP server (3 failed attempts in a row).
With a full transfer queue, it provokes a high number of failed transfers (0 bytes), and some servers then report an abnormal number of logs per second.
Obviously, FileZilla do NOT check destination's suitability before starting the transfer. It should check if there is enough space on disk and drive's availability.
HOW TO REPRODUCE:
- Connect to a FTP server with a lot of files.
- Connect a network drive.
- Go to this drive in FileZilla.
- Enqueue a lot of files.
- Disconnect network drive: FILEZILLA DO NOT SEE THIS OPERATION.
- Launch queue: everything fail, server is hammered.
- Same thing may apply with a full disk (don't have stuff to test it however).
Attached files: In attached log, I've disconnected my "T:\" network drive, which is therefore missing in navigation panel BUT still shown in "Local site" bar. See attached picture.