Opened 17 years ago
Last modified 9 years ago
#1059 closed Bug report
Unable to manually enter a filename
|Reported by:||clockwerx||Owned by:||Alexander Schuch|
|Keywords:||Cc:||clockwerx, Alexander Schuch|
|Component version:||Operating system type:|
|Operating system version:|
- Connect to FTP server
- Get a directory listing of some kind
- Add a file, example.txt, to that directory external
- Enter /path/to/file/example.txt in the server
File is downloaded.
A warning that /path/to/file/example.txt/ is not a
Change History (8)
comment:1 by , 17 years ago
comment:2 by , 17 years ago
As there is no feedback and I do not really understand your instructions, I am closing this bug report. If you ever return, feel free to post more information.
by , 17 years ago
by , 17 years ago
comment:3 by , 17 years ago
See the attached screenshot.
comment:4 by , 17 years ago
Response: 550 Can't change directory to /path/file/: Not a directory
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
FileZilla 3 doesn't silently fail or so, it says that the path you entered doesn't exist - it evens says "not a directory".
comment:5 by , 17 years ago
This behaviour is by design. The box is a path box so it treats everything entered as a directory name. If a file is entered, it just fails. This is what is done at the moment. This won't be fixed.
comment:6 by , 17 years ago
So; the design is:
- User uses the mouse to navigate this interface, and download/upload files
- If the user choose to use the keyboard to get to a directory quicker; they can do that
- But if they want one specific file, they must use the mouse to get it AFTER typing in the directory they want
- If they type in the wrong thing; display an error from the server as far away as possible from the control they are editing (error messages are leftmost, the server control is rightmost)
... and that's deliberately designed like that?
You are talking about the FileZilla client or the server?
What version? Can you try latest FileZilla 2 or FileZilla 3
beta version to check if the problem still persists?
And in case of FileZilla client, you are talking about a
local directory or a remote directly?
Can you please be a little more specific where to enter what
in order to reproduce it? Thanks!