Custom Query (8096 matches)


Show under each result:

Results (76 - 78 of 8096)

Ticket Resolution Summary Owner Reporter
#10664 rejected Directory Limit of 7998 files retrived - I have more files in the directory Troy Lyndon Troy Lyndon

I'm running on Mac OSX, and I don't recall having this problem with FileZilla on PC.

Please fix this ASAP or I'll have to abandon your fantastic, amazing project.

My project is very large and accesses many files on the server. When I backup the server via FileZilla, this limit causes me to miss backing up files without even knowing it.

#8094 fixed Preallocate space Underground78 wOxxOm

On Windows platforms newer than WinXP besides SetFilePointer+SetEndOfFile preallocation method which fills required disk space with zeros which might take a lot of time in case of a very large file, there is another literally instant function: SetFileValidData (see MSDN), it just claims disk space leaving intact whatever data there was.

Despite common belief that fragmentation isn't an issue, it's quite the opposite - 1+GB files downloaded in such applications as FileZilla Client which doesn't preallocate disk space, are extremely slow to copy and work with when mounted and impose absolutely unnecessary huge load on HDD due to a lot of disk seeks.

Apparently only a few win32 ftp clients can preallocate space and none of them uses SetFileValidData. Out of about 20 most popular ftp clients I've tested, only Flashget and NetTransport had the feature. Actually I've searched all files on my PC and out of hundreds of small and large win32 apps that constantly deal with creation of files, large and small, only VirtualDub and uTorrent use SetFileValidData, also the latter allows user to select whether he prefers instant preallocation, complete with zeroing or none of the two.

There was a similar ticket (#1486) 7 years ago and now it's already 2012 but FileZilla Client still doesn't preallocate space.

#9366 rejected Client Server is not working Vinoth Vinoth

Hi Team,

My client server is not working now and previously this was worked properly. I have changed the updated version of client server and went wrong. Can you please guide me.

The error shows "Directory listing Failed".

Please do the needful

Batch Modify
Note: See TracBatchModify for help on using batch modify.
Note: See TracQuery for help on using queries.